- Quickstart Guide to Zoom
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service you can use to virtually meet with others - either by video or audio-only or both, all while conducting live chats - and it lets you record those sessions to view later.
- Signing In / Host a Meeting / Joining a Meeting
Zoom provides the first Unified Meeting Experience platform that brings HD video conferencing, mobility and web meetings together as a free cloud service. So you can have crystal-clear video conversation and high-quality screen sharing, anytime, from anywhere.
- Attendee Controls in a Meeting
When you join a Zoom meeting hosted by another user, you are considered an attendee. The user who scheduled the meeting or was selected to be the alternative host (if the host is unable to join) will have host controls.
The attendee controls appear at the bottom of your screen if you're not currently screen sharing.
- Sharing Your Screen
Zoom allows for screen sharing on desktop, tablet and mobile devices running Zoom.
- The host and attendee can screen share by clicking the Share Screen icon.
- The host does not need to grant screen share access for another participant to share their screen.
- Managing participants in a MeetingAs the host in a meeting, you can manage the participants. By default, any participant in a meeting can share their video, screen, and audio. If you want to limit who can share their screen, video, and audio, it’s better to use the webinar platform.
- Error: The signed in user ('email@strath') is not assigned to a role for the application (zoom)
If zoom gives an error stating that the signed in user is not given a role, these are the steps to enable zoom for that user.
- How to Chat in Zoom Meeting?
The in-meeting chat allows you to send chat messages to other users within a meeting. You can send a private message to an individual user or you can send a message to an entire group. As the host, you can choose who the participants can chat with or to disable chat entirely.
In-meeting chat can be saved manually or automatically. Auto-save chat will automatically save your in-meeting chat locally on your computer.
- How to Create and Manage Breakout Rooms?Breakout rooms allow you to split your Zoom meeting in up to 50 separate sessions. The meeting host can choose to split the participants of the meeting into these separate sessions automatically or manually and can switch between sessions at any time.
- In-Meeting File Transfer
In-Meeting file transfer allows you to send files to other meeting participants during the meeting through the in-meeting chat.
- Meeting ReactionsMeeting participants can now react during a meeting by sending a thumbs up or clapping to communicate without interrupting the meeting. Reactions will disappear after 5 seconds.
- Polling for Meetings
The polling feature for meetings allows you to create a single choice or multiple choice polling questions for your meetings. You will be able to launch the poll during your meeting and gather the responses from your attendees. You also have the ability to download a report of polling after the meeting. Polls can also be conducted anonymously if you do not wish to collect participant information with the poll results.
- Editing an Audio Transcript on ZOOM
Click Any Image Below To Enlarge
1) When you record a ZOOM session, by default ZOOM will create an audio transcript.
Once you have finished the session ZOOM will send you emails to let you know that your ZOOM video and Audio Transcript have been processed and are available for you to view.
- Uploading a Zoom created Audio Transcript to eStream
Click Any Image Below To Enlarge
Please note that the most effective way of presenting video from Zoom with captions is by embedding a Zoom link to the recording. You can find instructions on how to embed a Zoom video-link on Myplace here.
- Creating a Zoom Meeting In Myplace
This article runs through how to create a Zoom Meeting for Teaching activities in Myplace.
- Scheduling privilege
Scheduling privilege is designed for a user or an executive admin to:
- Assign or delegate a user or multiple users to schedule meetings on your behalf.
- Schedule meetings on behalf of a user (or multiple users) who has assigned you scheduling privilege.